In the 2022Mercedes AMG GT 63S E PERFORMANCE plugin hybrid, the 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine is combined with a permanently excited synchronous electric motor, a high-performance battery developed in Affalterbach and the fully variable AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive system. The combination of the 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine and electric motor generates a system output of 843 horsepower (620 kW) and a maximum system torque of more than 1,400 Nm. The driving performance of the most powerful series-production vehicle from Affalterbach to date is correspondingly impressive: acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h takes just 2.9 seconds, and 200 km/h is reached in less than ten seconds. Acceleration only ends at 316 km/h.
The 150 kW (204 hp) electric motor is positioned at the rear axle, where it is integrated with an electrically shifted two-speed gearbox and the electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential in a compact electric drive unit (EDU). Experts refer to this layout as a P3 hybrid. The lightweight high-performance battery is also located in the rear above the rear axle. This compact design has numerous advantages:
* The electric motor acts directly on the rear axle and can therefore convert its power more directly into propulsion - for that extra boost when moving off, accelerating or overtaking.
* The power of the electric motor can inherently be applied at full torque, therefore particularly agile starting is possible.
* In addition, the driver immediately experiences a noticeable performance increase thanks to the integrated, electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential: The hybrid model is even more agile when accelerating out of bends, and provides more traction and therefore more driving safety.
* As slip at the rear axle increases, the drive power of the electric motor is also transferred to the front wheels as required for more traction. The mechanical connection of the fully variable all-wheel drive makes this possible by means of a propshaft and the drive shafts of the front wheels.
* The positioning on the rear axle improves the weight as well as the axle load distribution in the vehicle and thus forms the basis for the convincing handling.
* The AMG concept offers very high regeneration efficiency, as the system allows only minimal mechanical and hydraulic losses from the engine and transmission.
* The automated two-speed transmission at the rear axle with its specially calibrated gear ratio ensures the spread from high wheel torque for agile starting to safe continuous output at higher speeds. An electric actuator engages second gear at around 140 km/h at the latest, which corresponds to the electric motor's maximum speed of around 13,500 rpm.
* With the increase in performance due to the additional electric motor, the development team was also able to improve the efficiency of the entire vehicle in parallel - and achieve lower emissions as well as lower consumption.
Thanks for watching Comment, like, dislike, share! 🤟 Don't miss next videos, subscribe now ► goo.gl/5i54Vg
✅ Source: Mercedes-AMG
🎵 MUSIC used Epidemic Sound ► bit.ly/2OvT1SC (30 days free) Artlist ► bit.ly/30ERI6u (60 days free)
🔥 Get YOUR name on YOUCAR videos: bit.ly/3cJEMzX 📦 Exclusive CAR FANS products: youcarstore.com