Electriccars have been becoming more and more popular throughout the years. Companies like Tesla continue to inspire other car manufacturers to step up their electric car builds, and because of all the hype, there are now electriccars almost all over the world from every company imaginable. HERE’S the top 12 electriccars that are expected to be released this year.
12. Tesla Cybertruck The first electric car that you can expect in 2021 is technically not a car, and is technically not available in 2021. However, we felt that it was most definitely worth including in list, purely because of the sheer hype this vehicle has generated even from the moment it was announced. The reason why we included this in list, other than the popularity it has gained over time and as its production date comes closer, is because it is now available for customers to pre-order and purchase.
11. Volvo Polestar 2 This car is definitely a winner. Bringing Swedish style and a clean Volvo finish, it's sure to rock your boats. It is set to be released this coming fall, and it is a fully electronic version of its counterpart, the Polestar 1 which is a gas-electric hybrid. Not to mention, this car has some amazing features to note as well: frameless mirrors, and a vegan interior fabric that is lighter than a feather, made to match the durability of a wetsuit.
10. Nissan Ariya Set to arrive late this year, this car is a worthy successor of the Nissan Leaf EV. The original Nissan Leaf EV was a simple, modest design that garnered sales reaching almost half a million dollars. Now, the Nissan Ariya is stepping it up. This is a five-passenger crossover that has a startlingly sharp and aggressive appearance, and it’s all thanks to the concave surfacing and the wheels being pushed to the corners.
9. 2021 Mustang Mach-E Ford is just as ready to step up its game, because the 2021 Mustang Mach-E is like nothing ever seen before. It turns its muscle car nameplate, the Mustang, into an electric dream. This crossover has four doors, which is yet another first for the brand, and even includes room for added gear and maybe even some groceries. Although it doesn’t look as classic and threatening as the traditional Mustang muscle car does, it definitely lives up to the brand’s reputation. The Mach-E offers a Performance Edition that allows it to run 60 miles per hour faster than a Porsche 911 GTS.
8. 2021rcedes Benz EQC If you somehow still think that electric vehicles are limited to being family caravans and looking like the opposite of high class and luxury, this car will surely be enough to change your mind. The all-newrcedes Benz EQC is a fully electric, five-seat crossover, which just screams elegance and class. It’s all purercedes Benz, just electric. Other than its obviously gorgeous exterior, it also offers all the great performance you’d expect from arcedes Benz.
7. Volkswagen ID.4 Not only is Volkswagen releasing a battery-powered microbus and the ID. Buzz that is reminiscent of the “flower power” sixties, but it is also releasing this model, the Volkswagen ID.4. This car will be coming late this year, and the five seat crossover will be sporting a curvy compact look.
6. Volvo XC40 Recharge Adding another Volvo to this list of cars, the polished XC40 crossover will be joined by a fully electric counterpart. Despite the compact footprint of the vehicle, the Recharge model will feature a stylish and smart interior with ample storage, much like its conventional gas-powered equivalent.
5. Hyundai IONIQ Electric If the pricing of the previous cars were starting to make you cry, this car is sure to make up for those tears. The Hyundai IONIQ sedan now has a fully electric, plug in counterpart, which is now available in the market. It offers a range of up to 170 miles on a single charge, and has all the expected features and components for a car for this price.
4. Rivian R1S Rivian was easily ahead of the game in the electric vehicle department, having released the R1T pickup truck before the Tesla Cybertruck was announced.
3. 2021 Audi e-tron GT This electric vehicle provides a sleek, electric sedan with massive power and polish. It shares some architecture with the Porsche Taycan EV, excluding the streamlined bodywork. This car provides 590 horsepower and two motors.
2. BMW iNext BMW is not to be excluded from this list. With an EV set to be produced this year, this compact, electric SUV will be a mind blowing option with several autonomous features.
1. GMC Hummer EV SUT Wait a minute, a Hummer, on this list of electric cars? Yes, we know that Hummers were very well-known, in fact, notorious, for being some of the worst cars for the environment, with their quote and unquote, “militaristic, gas-guzzling SUVs.” However, despite their disappearance in 2010, they are now back in the game with better and more effective vehicles.